Web self-service (dynamic FAQs, chatbots, etc.) enables e-commerce web sites to meet consumers’ expectations and increase conversion rates
E-commerce is a rapidly growing market (+ 15% turnover in the 2nd half of 2016 according to e-commerce experts at FEVAD). Blue-chip companies are struggling to enrich their web sites beyond static FAQs. Web self-service is in demand to increase conversion rates and meet customer expectations. For example, a recent study found that 10% of French companies have started to offer dynamic FAQs and 3% also use Virtual Assistants.
However, for many others, the conversion rates of online shopping sites remain low. Many obstacles exist to making purchases online, most related to the lack of an exceptional customer experience. Users rapidly give up if it takes too long to load a webpage, if the design is not suitable or intuitive, and if they can’t find information quickly.
- Demanding and Fickle Customers
The proliferation of poorly designed e-commerce sites has made buyers cautious. They often use several sites to compare existing reviews before buying, and appropriately so, set their expectations for satisfaction high. According to Forester , 53% of consumers are likely to abandon their shopping online if they find no quick answer to their question. As in a physical, brick-and-mortar store, online customers need to feel that they have support at any time throughout their buying process. Meeting their expectations clearly and immediately is a real customer satisfaction goal of e-commerce sites that helps build brand trustworthiness. In fact, there is no substitute for an exceptional, online user experience. So what customer engagement solutions address the challenges of the new market?
- Self-Care Solutions
Incorporating an intelligent Virtual Assistant, with a comprehensive knowledge base that is easy to maintain, in your web site will allow you to engage users immediately and intuitively. Combined with a dynamic FAQ or live chat system, these tools facilitate a user’s independent search for information before offering escalation to a more direct channel. Additionally when the need arises, intelligent virtual assistants, or chatbots, can provide the self-care interaction log to human counterparts.
Chatbots can accompany potential customers and clients in every phase of their web visit:
- Before purchasing, they welcome and orient the visitor. A chatbot creates trust and confidence, understands visitor needs, and makes appropriate suggestions through conversation.
- During the purchasing process, chatbots can answer all questions to ensure the visitor doesn’t abandon the interaction or inadvertently disclose sensitive information. A chatbot can proactively promote specific content and motivate the visitor to complete purchases and make additional purchases.
- After purchasing, a chatbot increases client satisfaction by recognizing repeat visits and rewarding customer loyalty with personalized interactions.
- Self-Service acclaimed by Consumers
In a hyper-competitive environment, it is important to create a difference by offering customers a simple, intuitive and personalized experience. According to Forrester, 72% of customers prefer to find answers to their questions by themselves, rather than interact with human agents in a call center.
This post is also available in: French